- This event has passed.
Citizenship Day Workshop
September 19, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The D.C. Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) will host its 19th Citizenship Day event on Saturday, September 19, 2015 from 10 AM to 2 PM at the ChesMRC. Each year, at sites across the country, AILA attorneys and other stakeholders provide assistance to lawful permanent residents eligible for naturalization.
If you have been a Legal Permanent Resident (Green card holder) for at least 5 years, (or) 3 years if you are married to a U.S. Citizen, then you may be eligible to apply.
RECEIVE FREE HELP FROM TRUSTED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS AND ACCREDITED REPRESENTATIVES
- Citizenship Orientation
- Eligibility Screening
- Legal Review and Assessment
- Application Assistance
- Information on English and Citizenship Classes
- Study Material for USCIS Interview
WHAT DOCUMENTS TO GATHER
- Green card and social security card
- List of ALL trips outside the US for the last 5 years
- Family information for ALL children and spouses (current and former)
- If you have ever been arrested, certificates of disposition for all arrests
- Two passport photos
- Address and job history for the last 5 years
- Money order for $680 payable to “US Department of Homeland Security”
TO APPLY FOR FEE WAIVER:
- 2014 Income Tax or proof of Public Benefits (Link, Medicaid, SSI, TANF)