February is National Heart Month..Do you know if you are at risk for for cardiovascular disease? Check these risk factors…..
1. Age -Most deaths from heart disease are in people over age 65
2. Sex- Men have greater risk of heart attack than women (However , heart disease is #1 killer of women)
3.Heredity- A family history of heart disease is a risk factor..
How can American Heart Month make a difference?
We can use this month to raise awareness about heart disease and how people can prevent it — both at home and in the community.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Encourage families to make small changes, like using spices to season their food instead of salt.
- Motivate teachers and administrators to make physical activity a part of the school day. This can help students start good habits early.
- Ask doctors and nurses to be leaders in their communities by speaking out about ways to prevent heart disease.