Home care services
Organization Type: Home care services
Address: 103 Brown Street, Chestertown, MD 21620
Hours of Operation: Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Nursing staff is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Walk In Or Call First: Call first.
Fees: Call to discuss.
Bilingual Staff: Interpretive services available.
Third Party Can Make An Appointment:Yes
Appointment: Yes. Call Community Wide Access at 410-820-6505 to be connected to the UM Shore Regional Health service or provider you need. Or you can call: In Chestertown: 410-810-5657 In Dorchester: 410-228-5511, extension 2600 In Easton: 410-822-1000, extension 2600
Documentation Needed: ID and proof of insurance, if available.
UM Chester River Home care helps patients maintain optimal health and independence in their home setting, which can include a family residence, a group home or a residential care facility. We undertake several initiatives to help our patients achieve and maintain optimal health in their home settings, including:
• Educating patients and their families to properly use equipment at home
• Ensuring compliance with medication and rehabilitation regime
• Assisting hospitals and physicians in decreasing patient hospital length of stay and readmissions
• Increasing safety awareness
• Decreasing fall risk.
Working with a patient's primary health care provider, our home care team develops an individualized program of care to meet the patient's needs. Each patient will receive a detailed care plan, and progress will be reviewed and care plans updated as necessary every 60 days.
Our skilled nursing services include:
• Cardiac care
• Catheter care
• COPD care
• Diabetes care and education
• Diet instruction and nutritional support
• Dressing (bandage changes)
• Orthopedic care
• Pain management
• Stroke care/terminal illness care
• Wound care
UM Chester River Home Care serves patients and their families in Kent and Queen Anne's counties.